Tagliatelle with lamb ragout and saffron
This Abruzzo specialty uses the noblest of spices: already in Roman times, precious saffron was highly appreciated.
|200 g||leg of lamb or lamb joint cut into small chunks|
|100 ml||vegetable stock|
|1||clove of garlic, chopped|
|1 g||saffron threads|
|50 ml||olive oil|
|100 g||cherry tomatoes|
|50 ml||red wine|
|a little bit of||grated pecorino (sheep's cheese)|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil, add the leg of lamb cut into cubes and brown everything well.
- Season with salt and pepper, deglaze with red wine.
- Add the saffron to the vegetable broth and pour over the meat, then add the bay leaf.
- Covered, let the lamb sauce simmer over a moderate heat for 45 minutes.
- Ten minutes before the end of cooking, add cherry tomatoes, thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage and basil leaves and bring again to a boil for a short time. Cook the tagliatelle pasta in salted water for 8 minutes until al dente.
- Mix the noodles into the sauce and serve sprinkled with cheese.