Swiss roll with strawberry cream
It tastes like summer! A light strawberry cream mousse in a loose sponge cake pastry – surprise your darlings!
|For the sponge cake:|
|150 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|1 package||baking powder|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|For the filling:|
|500 ml||whipped cream|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites, with a little salt, until they form firm peaks. The mixture should be stiff enough so that it doesn’t fall off the end of the whisk.
- Add egg yolk and sugar alternately to the mixture, stirring constantly.
- Sieve the flour together with the baking powder, and carefully add this to the mixture.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and evenly distribute the mixture on to it.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 12 minutes.
- Place the baked biscuit base onto a teatowel, dusted with icing sugar, and allow to cool a little. While it is still warm, gently roll it up. It can then be unrolled once it has cooled down completely.
- For the filling: Mash approx. 200 g strawberries with a fork.
- Whip the chilled cream, with the sugar, until it reaches a stiff consistency and place some of it in an icing bag. Combine the rest with the squashed strawberries.
- Spread the strawberry cream over the roulade and roll up again.
- Decorate the roll with cream kisses and garnish with the remaining strawberries.