Spicy brioche dough pesto swirls
You won't be working at snail's pace when you put together this tasty snack. They'll be on the table in record time. Pesto gives these tasty flaky pastry snails just the right piquancy and also gives them a pleasingly light Italian hint.
|For the beurre manié (kneaded butter):|
|25 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|For the dough:|
|250 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|5 g||dry yeast|
|30 g||butter at room temperature|
|a little bit of||flour|
|For the filling:|
|40 g||pine nuts|
|a little bit of||milk|
|1 pinch/es of||coarse salt|
- To make the starter mix, knead the butter well with the flour and roll out into a rectangle between two layers of cling-film.
- Cool for 30 minutes. Mix the flour with salt and dried yeast.
- Heat the milk and butter to approx. 40°C.
- Add the liquid with the egg and egg yolk to the flour mixture and knead for 3 to 4 minutes to form a smooth dough.
- The dough should come away from the sides of the bowl. Roll out the dough on a floured silicone sheet.
- Place the starter mix in the middle of the sheet. Fold the dough over this. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Dust the dough with flour and roll out and fold over 3 times.
- Divide the dough into two halves and roll out into a 20 x 24 cm rectangle on a floured silicone sheet.
- Spread with half of the pesto. Sprinkle half of the chopped pine nuts over this.