Speckknödel (seasoned bacon dumplings)
A true all-around dish! Would you like something to put into your soup? Or a side dish to go with a pork chop with sauerkraut? Then we have the right recipe for you!
|150 g||Classico del Mastro Panettiere / Classic / Maestro Classic|
|150 ml||milk, lactose free|
|50 g||diced bacon|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|1 tsp||parsley, chopped|
- Chop the bread into small cubes and place in a bowl with the parsley, salt, chives, flour and bacon (which has already been fried in butter).
- Beat the eggs and milk together and add to the bread mixture in the bowl.
- Mix well together, using your hands, and then form small dumplings of equal size.
- Depending on the size of the dumplings, cook them in gently boiling water for between 10 and 15 minutes, until they just about begin to break up.
- The dumplings can be served with melted butter and grated parmesan cheese, or in a bowl of stock. They are also an ideal accompaniment to goulash.