This delicious dish originated in the Swabia region of southern Germany, but it has since become a firm favourite throughout Germany and Austria.
- Beat the eggs and pour in the milk.
- Add the flour and salt and work into an even dough.
- Rest for 20 minutes. In the meantime, bring plenty of salted water to the boil.
- Push the dough through the spätzle press directly into the boiling water.
- Boil the spätzle until it rises to the surface.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Finally, serve the spätzle with a bacon-cream-sauce.