Spanish French Toast
The Spanish version of French toast is a typical sweet treat of Spain. During Easter, there’s no family gathering that doesn’t feature this delicious dish! Enjoy the soft taste and texture of French bread slices soaked in milk and fried in oil. Delicious and gluten free!
|60 ml||sweet wine (Pedro Ximénez)|
|to taste||sunflower oil|
|to taste||cinnamon powder|
- Heat the milk with the sugar, sweet wine and the cinnamon stick.
- Cut the bread into 2cm slices.
- Soak the bread slices in the milk mixture until they absorbed as much liquid as possible (make sure they are thoroughly soaked).
- Warm the oil in a frying pan.
- Put the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Dip the bread slices in the beaten eggs and fry them on both sides.
- Lay them on paper towel to absorb the excess oil and cover with sugar and cinnamon.