Spaghetti with Rabbit Sauce
There are a lot of traditional Maltese recipes, however this one beats out the rest! Have you ever heard of spaghetti with rabbit meat sauce?
|a little bit of||water|
|1 tsp||rabbit seasoning|
|3 tbsp||tomato concentrate|
|1 kg||tomato sauce|
|3 cups||red wine|
|400 g||rabbit meat|
- Marinate the rabbit meat with the red wine and let soak for about 2 hours.
- Cut the onions and garlic cloves into small, thin pieces. Simmer in water and cook for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Put the oil, rabbit seasoning, curry, tomato concentrate, bay leaves and tomato sauce in a pen together with the onions and garlic. Cook for about 10 min.
- Put the rabbit meat pieces into the tomato sauce and add the remaining wine.
- Cook on low temperature for about 45min until the rabbit meat is finely cooked.
- Boil some water and cook the pasta.
- Once cooked, rinse and fold into the sauce.
- Mix in the peas and serve.