Bread without Yeast (Soda Bread)
A traditional Irish bread made without yeast. Soda bread has a rustic flavour, soft texture and a fragrant aroma.
|400 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|300 ml||fresh whole milk|
|20 ml||lemon juice|
|10 g||bicarbonate of soda|
|a little bit of||oil for the work surface|
|a little bit of||oil for the dough|
For 3 250g loaves:
- Place the flour, lemon juice and milk warmed to about 30°C in a food mixer. Turn it on and using the dough hook attachment, knead for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the bicarbonate of soda and continue to knead for another 2 minutes. Finally add the salt.
- Transfer the dough to a clean work surface and divide into 3 equal parts.
- Grease your hands and the work surface and make 3 balls from the portions. Cut a cross into the surface of the dough using a small knife.
- Place the 3 loaves on a shallow baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.