Shakshuka with Panini Rolls
Middle Eastern ”Shakshuka” is a great one-pot breakfast, but it’s perfect for bruch or lunch, too. Eggs are poached in a spiced tomato sauce, served with a handful fresh parsley leaves and some Panini Rolls.
|1||clove of garlic|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|2 tbsp||tomato puree|
|1 tsp||smoked paprika|
|400 g||tomato pulp|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet.
- Add peeled and chopped onion and garlic.
- Cook about 5 minutes (medium heat).
- Add tomato puree, cumin and paprika. Cook until fragant.
- Add tomato pulp and stir to combine. Season with sugar and salt. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Make 3 wells into sauce and break in the eggs. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook for 5–10 minutes until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with parsley leaves and serve with panini rolls.