Scotch pancakes are really easy and fun to make, they are perfect for breakfast served with blueberries, drizzled with syrup or simply spread with butter.
|110 g||Mix it! Universal|
|25 g||caster sugar|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla extract|
|75 g||unsweetened yoghurt|
|3 tsp||vegetable oil|
|to serve||maple syrup|
|to serve||golden syrup|
|to serve||forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)|
- Place the Schär Mix It! Universal in a bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract and yoghurt and whisk together with a fork.
- Add the milk, and beat to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a large heavy based frying pan or griddle, add some of the oil and then drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan, allowing a little room for them to spread.
- Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear; this takes about 2 minutes.
- Then flip the pancake over with a slice or palette knife and cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Place some greaseproof paper on a cooling rack and place the pancake on top of this.
- Cover with another piece of greaseproof paper and repeat with each new pancake to avoid them sticking together.
- Cook all the batter and if necessary add more oil to the pan.
- Serve the pancakes drizzled with golden or maple syrup and a few berries. Or simply serve buttered.