Is there anything as quintessentially British as scones and tea? They are world famous for a reason too, whether you have them with clotted cream and strawberry jam, or even just with butter, these are a treat everyone has to try!
|For the dough:|
|270 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|100 g||butter at room temperature|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (top and bottom heat setting) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sieve your flour, and pour into a bowl with the baking powder.
- Mix the butter, sugar, salt and egg with the milk in a separate bowl, then add this to the flour and baking powder mixture.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rest for 20 minutes and then roll it out until it is approx. 1- 1 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut out circles from the mixture, approximately 5 cm wide.
- Place the circles on the baking tray and bake for approx. 15 mins.