Schär's Pork Wellington
|800-900 g||cured pork joint or pork loin|
|For the dough:|
|1 package||Mix It Dunkel - Mix It Rustico|
|8 g||dry yeast|
|16 g||fresh yeast|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|550 ml||lukewarm water|
|1||egg yolk for brushing|
|1 tbsp||milk for brushing|
- Briefly cook the pork joint or loin in boiling water, then continue cooking at a low temperature for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the water and let it cool. In the meantime, prepare the bread dough.
- Add salt to the flour and pour the mixture into a bowl. Dissolve yeast in warm water with sugar.
- Mix the flour and the liquid mixture until it becomes a soft dough. The dough should come away from the bowl.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let sit for 10 minutes. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to form a rectangle about 1 cm thick.
- Place the meat in the centre and wrap the dough around it to cover it completely.
- Cut away the excess dough and use it to create decorations on the outside.
- Place the meat on a baking sheet covered with oven parchment with the join side facing down and let it sit for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Mix the egg yolk with milk and brush the bread dough with it. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
- Put a bowl with water in the oven. Bake the pork in the oven for 50 minutes on the middle shelf.
- After 10 minutes lower the temperature to 200° C. Slice the meat and serve while hot.