Savoury Salmon Cakes
A fantastic starter, these crispy salmon cakes are bursting with bright flavours and the perfect touch of heat.
|1/3 cup||Paniermehl - Breadcrumbs|
|170 g||smoked salmon|
|1/4 cup||red bell pepper, minced|
|2 tbsp||parsley, chopped|
|1 pinch/es of||cayenne pepper|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
|2-3 tbsp||vegetable oil|
- In a large mixing bowl add the flaked salmon, bell peppers, lemon zest and juice, parsley, cayenne and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add the egg and breadcrumbs to the bowl and mix well so all the ingredients are well combined.
- In a large sauté pan with deep sides warm 2 tablespoons of oil on medium heat.
- Spread some tapioca flour onto a cutting board.
- Divide the salmon mixture into 6 patties as evenly sized as possible.
- Dust each patty with a bit of tapioca flour and fry them in batches 3 at a time in the hot oil.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side till golden brown and a nice crust is formed, pressing down slightly as you turn them.
- You may need to add more oil to the pan to fry the second batch of patties.
- Serve straight away with a wedge of fresh lemon if desired. Makes 6 Salmon Cakes.