Rustic Cereal Pie with Chocolate and Coconut
Blending the crunchiness of cereal with the bittersweet chocolate and coconut, this is a unique recipe that’s perfect if you want to add a twist to your dessert. Specially created by Ivaldir Stadler.
|For the base / bottom:|
|400 g||dark chocolate|
|1 cup||Corn Flakes|
|For the filling:|
|1/2 cup||coconut flakes|
|1 can||condensed milk|
|200 g||milk cream|
Base of the pie:
- Melt the chocolate in bain-marie and set aside.
- In a small pot, melt the butter and then add the melted chocolate.
- Once mixed, remove from the heat and mix well with add the Corn Flakes.
- Distribute the dough in a round baking pan with a removable bottom (around 20 cm diameter) and put in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- In a pot, put the grated coconut, yolks, condensed milk and milk cream.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until a creamy texture is obtained and it detaches from the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour the filling on the previously prepared dough.
- Then put it back into the refrigerator for approximately one hour. Remove and serve.
Tip: If you’d prefer smaller servings, you can pop the mixture in smaller baking cups. The above recipe will give you approximately 8 smaller pies