Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
Would you eat this mouthwatering roasted red pepper pesto with pasta or as a spread on a bread?
|400 g||red bell pepper|
|60 ml||olive oil|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 handful||basil leaves|
|1 handful||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 pinch/es of||black pepper|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
- Warm up oven to 250 C.
- Cut the peppers lenghtwise in half. Remove the seeds.
- Place the peppers cut side down on a baking sheet. Roast for about 30 minutes or until skins are are charred.
- Cover the peppers with foil and let cool down. Peel off the skins and discard them.
- Place all the pesto ingredients into food processor and run until smooth.
- Serve with pasta or as a spread on a bread.