Red Velvet Cupcakes
Forget the old, mainstream vanilla- or chocolate cupcakes. These red velvet ones will blow your mind!
|For the cupcakes:|
|435 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|1 1/4 tsp||baking powder|
|1 1/4 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1 1/4 tsp||cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||red food colouring|
|For the frosting:|
|225 g||cream cheese|
|60 g||unsalted butter|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
For the cupcakes:
- Mix the oil, sugar, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vanilla extract and water until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and cocoa powder) and mix.
- Pour the mixture evenly into 24 cupcake holders.
- Heat the oven to 180°C and bake for around 25 minutes.
For the frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar. Add the vanilla extract.
- Decorate the cupcakes with the prepared frosting, using a plastic piping bag.
- Scatter some cupcake crumble on top of the frosting.