Red Coconut Cakes
If you like cake and coconut then this is just the recipe you are looking for. Quick and simple recipe for everyone to enjoy!
|For the dough:|
|200 g||caster sugar|
|200 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|For the topping:|
|1 tsp||caster sugar|
|1 tsp (liquid)||red food colouring|
|15 g||turmeric or beetroot powder|
|500 ml||lukewarm water|
For the cake:
- Mix the butter with the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and one tablespoon of flour at a time. Then fold in the rest of the flour.
- Grease a 15cm x 15cm cake tin and heat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the mixture into the cake tin and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the tin and allow the cake to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut it into small-boxed portions.
For the topping:
- Mix the sugar, red food coloring and warm water and let it cool in a bowl.
- Put the coconut flakes into another bowl.
- Dip all the six sides of the cake into the red coloring and then into the coconut flakes. Let it rest. It is important to not simmer the whole portion of cake but only the surfaces so that the cake is not completely wet.
- Refrigerate and serve!
- Store the cakes in a cool place.