Ravioli with ricotta cheese and spinach
A delicious and very simple dish! You can give free rein to you imagination in making a sauce for these ravioli.
|4 tbsp||corn oil|
|300 g||ricotta cheese|
|50 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|salt and pepper|
- Carefully sift the flour, make a pile of it on a pastryboard, and make a small depression in the middle.
- Pour the egg, water, and oil in the depression and mix it together with a fork.
- Knead with the hands until the dough is smooth and firm.
- Put the dough in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling: chop the cooked spinach finely, add in the egg, the ricotta cheese, the grated nutmeg, and some salt, and mix well.
- Then add the grated Parmesan cheese and mix again. Now remove the dough from the bowl, knead it a little, and divide it into two halves.
- Roll out both halves separately with a rolling pin until there are two smooth pieces of the same size and thickness.
- Using a teaspoon, place small piles of filling at equal distances from each other on one of the pieces of dough.
- Use up all of the filling. Then carefully lay the second half of the dough over it.
- Press the dough lightly with fingers around each little pile, and then cut out small squares using a pasta wheel.
- If you have a ravioli mould, lay one-half of the dough on it, distribute the filling, lay the other half of the dough on top, press the dough lightly, and then roll over it with the rolling pin.
- Boil the ravioli in abundant salted water with 1-2 tablespoons maize oil for 6 minutes. Stir often but carefully.
- Serve the ravioli as desired: for example, with melted butter and sage or with tomato sauce.