Raspberry and butter biscuit rolls
This dessert dish, with creamy vanilla pudding topped by refreshing raspberries, is ideal for bringing the taste of summer to any dinner parties you’ve got planned!
|For the sponge cake:|
|120 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|100 g||icing sugar|
|3/4 package||baking powder|
|Preparation of the filling:|
|750 g||raspberries, frozen|
|4 packages||vanilla pudding powder|
|600 g||whipping cream|
|For the glaze / icing:|
|50 g||icing sugar|
|1 tbsp||raspberry juice|
|For the decoration:|
|20||Petit – Biscotto classico|
|1 package||Mini Butterkeks - Petit beurre|
- Defrost the raspberries and drain the juices. Keep 1 tbsp raspberry juice back for the icing.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (top and bottom heat setting) and line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
For the biscuit:
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg white with half the icing sugar until the mixture is stiff.
- Beat the egg yolk with the remaining icing sugar until it becomes foamy.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder, and the egg white, to the egg yolk mixture.
- Stir everything carefully with a whisk and spread evenly over the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 12-15 minutes.
- After baking, tip the biscuit out onto a cooling rack, remove the baking paper and leave to cool.
For the raspberry filling:
- Dilute the raspberry juice (except the 1 tbsp you have kept back for the icing!) with water until you have 500 ml of liquid.
- Mix 3 packets of pudding powder with approx. 150ml of the liquid.
- Bring the remaining raspberry-water liquid to the boil with 100 g sugar. Then add the pudding powder mixture. Bring to the boil again while stirring constantly.
- Stir the raspberries into the pudding and briefly allow to cool.
- Place the biscuit base on a cake plate. Surround the biscuit base with a baking frame and spread the raspberry mixture evenly over the cake base.
- Allow to cool.
For the cream filling:
- Stir 1 packet pudding powder with 2 tbsp sugar and 100ml milk until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Bring 400ml milk to the boil, add the pudding powder mixture and bring to the boil again while constantly stirring. Take the mixture from the boil and cover the pudding with clingfilm and allow to cool.
- Whip 400g cream until stiff.
- Briefly stir the cooled pudding, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the cream over the raspberry layer and spread so that it is smooth and even.
- Distribute the butter biscuits evenly over the cake.
For the icing:
- Stir the icing sugar and reserved raspberry juice together and use it to paint over the biscuits.
- Chill the cake overnight.
- Beat the cream until stiff. Decorate the cake with cream, mini butter biscuits and mint leaves.