Quark Dumplings with Nougat Filling
Treat yourself to our gluten free quark dumplings with a smooth nougat filling! With a helping of berry compote on the side, this dish is a delicious, gluten free treat.
|For the dumplings:|
|250 g||curd, lactose free|
|30 g||millet semolina|
|120 g||Mix it! Universal|
|120 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|zest and juice of a half a lemon|
|1 tbsp||coconut oil|
|2 tbsp||ground psyllium seed husks (fiber-husk)|
|For the filling:|
|100 g||gianduja cream|
|For the breading:|
|140 g||Paniermehl - Breadcrumbs|
|For the compote:|
|400 g||forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)|
|2-3 tbsp||food starch|
For the quark dumplings:
- Beat the vanilla, sugar, coconut oil and lemon together until you get a creamy consistency.
- Drain the quark well - pushing it through a muslin cloth if necessary.
- Add the drained quark to the prepared mixture and combine.
- Mix in the egg.
- Combine the flour with the psyllium seed husks and semolina.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and knead by hand.
- Roll the dough into a sausage shape, wrap it in cling film and place it in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a large pan of water: bring the water to the boil and then reduce the heat.
- Cut the dough sausage into discs, each 2cm thick.
- Flatten each disc out and place a little nougat in the center.
- Then mold, either into a ball or into an elongated gnocchi shape.
- Place the dumplings in simmering, but not boiling, water and leave for approx. 13-15 minutes.
For the breadcrumb coating:
- Lightly toast the breadcrumbs in a pan with butter and sugar.
- Toss the cooked dumplings in the breadcrumbs.
For the compote:
- Combine the food starch with 3-4 tbsp. of water and mix until smooth.
- Place the berries and sugar in a pan. Mix in the food starch mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil until the berries have broken down and the mixture has slightly thickened.
- Serve the compote with the semolina dumplings.