Pumpkin gnocchi with cheese sauce
Whether large or small, round or snake-shaped, orange or greenish-white. Wonderful feasts may be conjured up out of them. The fine cheese sauce rounds out the wonderful autumn taste experience.
|For the sauce:|
|100 g||gorgonzola cheese|
- Peel and cube the squash and the potatoes.
- Boil in salted water and - as soon as tender - push the squash and potatoes through a potato ricer.
- Add flour (the quantity will depend on the type of potato), egg and salt.
- Knead the dough until it has a firm, even consistency.
- Cut off small pieces of the dough and shape them like long sausages about as thick as your thumb.
- Cut into pieces, about 2cm and use a fork to shape them into potato gnocchi.
- Next dust them with flour. Briefly boil the cream and melt the cheese in it.
- Season with finely chopped chives. Cook the potato dumplings in plenty of salted water.
- The gnocchi are cooked when they rise to the surface of the water.
- Drain, toss in the cheese sauce and garnish with chives.