Puff pastry parcels with sheep's cheese filling
These appetizing little pastries are ideal for a snack or to give a nice Greek flavour to your summer evenings: they are crispy on the outside with a light refreshing filling. These pastries are very easy to prepare, delicious hot and cold and can be made with different fillings, depending on your tastes.
|150 g||sheep's milk cheese|
|3 tbsp||crème fraîche|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|italian herb mix|
- Mash the pecorino cheese with a fork.
- Cut the tomatoes and olives into little pieces and mix them in with the cheese, crème fraîche, olive oil and mix of herbs, to obtain a mixture.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a rectangle of 2 mm in thickness.
- Cut it into 8x8 cm squares.
- Put the remaining pieces of dough one on top of the other without kneading.
- At the centre of each square, put a teaspoon full of the pecorino cheese mixture.
- Brush the edges with water.
- Fold and close the pastry packets.
- Apply pressure with a dessert fork dipped in flour. If necessary, brush with milk.
- Bake at 220° for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place them on absorbent kitchen paper, in order to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve while still hot.