Pici (handmade pasta from Tuscany)
Pici is a typical handmade pasta from Tuscany, similar to spaghetti, but wider. Although this dish is made with simple ingredients, its taste is delicious. For those who have never tried it, here's the recipe to make this traditional pasta.
|1 kg||Mix it! Universal|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|1 pinch/es of||rice flour|
- First, add to the Mix It! Universal a pinch of salt and mix it; then, put it onto a pastry board, create a mountain with a hole in the center of it.
- Crack 1 egg and put it inside the hole of the mountain, then gradually mix the egg with the flour by holding the board of the mountain with your hand.
- At least, gradually add the water and continue to knead the dough. When it will result blended, leave it for 1 hour to rest.
- After 1 hour, roll out the dough until it measures the height of 1 cm; then, spread a spoon of olive oil.
- Cut the dough by making strips of approximately 1 cm. Start with the first strip: roll it into a strand: it will be similar to spaghetti, but bigger.
- When pasta is ready, spread a spoon of rice flour over it.
- Cook pasta in hot water for about 10 minutes: bigger strands require more minutes of cooking.