Pear and Treacle Slice
A delicious, warm pear and treacle pudding made with Schär wholesome seeded bread.
|For the base / bottom:|
|60 g||Cereale del Mastro Panettiere / Flerkorn / Maestro Cereale|
|60 g||Mix it! Universal|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1 tsp||ginger, ground|
|15 g||caster sugar|
|60 g||butter at room temperature|
|1 can||pears in syrup, drained and sliced|
|For the topping:|
|225 g||golden syrup|
|zest and juice of 1 lemon|
|90 g||Cereale del Mastro Panettiere / Flerkorn / Maestro Cereale|
|For the crumbles:|
|15 g||melted butter|
|1 slice||Cereale del Mastro Panettiere / Flerkorn / Maestro Cereale|
|5 tsp||Demerara sugar|
- To make the base, using a processor, whizz up the bread, mix it, baking powder, ginger and sugar to a fine crumb. Add in the soft butter to make a stiff dough.
- Press firmly into the bottom of the tin.
- Arrange the drained and sliced pears on top of the dough.
- In a pan, gently warm the golden syrup, add the ginger, lemon zest & juice, then mix in bread crumbs.
- Place on top of the pears and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the top is golden, mix the butter crumb ingredients together, remove the tin from the oven, sprinkle the top with the crumb, bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with custard or cream.