Orange Honey Panna Cotta
An easy Italian dessert, this rich and creamy panna cotta is flavored with organce and laces with honey biscuits.
|2 cups||35% heavy cream|
|4 tsp (finely grated)||orange zest|
|1/2 cup (fresh, divided)||orange juice|
|1 package (unflavored)||gelatine|
|1 tbsp||vanilla extract|
- Crush the biscuits and set aside.
- Heat cream, honey, sugar and half of orange juice in saucepan set over medium heat until the mixture starts to simmer around the edges of the pan.
- Add orange zest. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over remaining orange juice. Let stand for 5 minutes or until gelatin has softened.
- Stir gelatin mixture and vanilla into cream mixture; whisk until dissolved.
- Strain mixture through fine mesh sieve; divide among six ½ cup ramekins or custard cups.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the biscuits on top of each panna cotta.
- Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- Dip each ramekin into hot water for 10 seconds. Turn out onto serving dish.