Panini Rolls Chicken-Style
Dandy: the right style for every occasion
|For the bread:|
|2 tbsp||basil pesto|
|150 g||chicken breast|
|120 g||Mozzarella cheese|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|For 500g basil pesto:|
|120 g||basil leaves|
|250 ml||olive oil|
|100 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|60 g||pine nuts|
|1||clove of garlic|
Preparing the pesto:
- Rinse and dry the basil leaves.
- In a mixer, blend all the ingredients, except the Parmesan cheese and pine nuts, until the mixture is creamy.
- Chop the pine nuts and then add them to the mixture along with the cheese, working it well.
- For the bread, only 2 tablespoons of pesto are needed; the rest can be stored in screw-top glass containers. Cover the pesto with a little olive oil and keep in the refrigerator. If tightly closed, it will stay fresh for a few months. For longer storage, store in the freezer.
Preparing the bread:
- Bake the Panini Rolls as instructed on the package for about 5 minutes in the oven at about 200° C.
- In the meantime, cut the chicken into strips and fry in a pan with oil.
- Slice the warm bread lengthwise and spread pesto on both halves.
- Rinse the peppers and peel the onions.
- Slice the vegetables and cheese.
- Evenly distribute the chicken, vegetables and cheese on bread.
- Put the Panini Rolls back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes so the cheese melts.