Panini rolls with caprese and pesto sauce
Casual: light and delicious. The Italian national dish revisited in a casual way!
|For the bread:|
|1 package||Panini Rolls|
|2 tbsp||basil pesto|
|For 500g basil pesto:|
|120 g||basil leaves|
|250 ml||olive oil|
|100 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|60 g||pine nuts|
|1||clove of garlic|
Preparing the pesto:
- Rinse and dry the basil leaves. In a mixer, blend all the ingredients, except the Parmesan cheese and pine nuts, until the mixture is creamy.
- Then chop the pine nuts and add them to the mixture along with the cheese, working it well.
- For the bread, only 2 tablespoons of pesto are needed; the rest can be stored in glass containers with screw cap.
- Cover the pesto with a little olive oil and place in the refrigerator. If the containers are tightly closed, it will stay fresh for a few months.
- For longer storage, store in the freezer.
Preparing the bread:
- Following the instructions on the package, bake the Panini Rolls for about 10 minutes in the oven at about 200° C.
- Rinse the tomato. Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella. Cut the bread lengthwise and fill it with half with pesto.
- Then distribute the slices of tomato and mozzarella and washed basil slices on the bread and cover with the top half.