Panettone (italian christmas cake)
The light and tasty panettone with white raisins and candied fruits is a part of any Christmas celebration in Italy.
|250 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|5 g||dry yeast|
|10 g||fresh yeast|
|150 ml||lukewarm water|
|2 tsp||xanthan gum|
|80 g||candied fruit|
|1 tbsp||vanilla essence|
|1 package||vanilla sugar|
|grated zest of an unwaxed lemon|
- Wash the raisins and leave them with the candied fruit in the rum to soften for about half an hour.
- Dissolve the yeast in 150ml lukewarm water.
- Dry the raisins and candied fruit, sprinkle with some flour, and mix with the remaining ingredients into a dough.
- Pour the batter into a buttered and floured Panettone form (a deep, fluted, dome-shaped cake mould) that has been coated with flour.
- Leave it to rise in a warm place. Bake in the oven at 170°C for about 50 minutes.