Pan Meino (Sweet treats from Lombardy)
This traditional recipe using polenta originates from the area around Milan. It tastes particularly good when served with cream or zabaglione.
|200 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|100 ml||lukewarm water|
|100 g||maize semolina|
|60 g||butter at room temperature|
|10 g||elderflower flavouring|
|12 g||fresh yeast|
|7 g||dry yeast|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
- Add the yeast to the water and dissolve.
- Put the Bread Mix, polenta, sugar, eggs, elderflower flavouring, butter and salt into a suitable bowl.
- Mix with the yeast and water mixture and then knead to form a smooth dough.
- Leave the dough covered in a warm place to rise for 15 minutes.
- Form balls from the dough, place them on a baking tray covered with baking parchment and leave to rise for another 15 minutes.
- Put them into a preheated oven (180°C) and bake for approx. 20-25 min.