Orecchiette with beet sprouts
Surprise your family with a refined, delicious vegetable and pasta dish!
|For the dough:|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|For the sauce:|
|600 g||beet sprouts|
|5-6 tbsp||olive oil|
|salt to taste|
Preparation of the dough:
- Knead the flour, egg white, salt and water, if necessary, to a firm dough.
- The dough should be elastic and homogeneous. Roll our rolls of about the width of a finger and cut these into 3-4mm thick slices.
- Lay these onto a pasty board and press down slightly until they form the typical “orechiette” shape, i.e. concave on one side and convex on the other.
- Leave the orechiette to dry for about ½ a day.
Preparattion of the sauce:
- Cut the beet sprouts into small pieces. Scrape the salt off the anchovies and quickly wash and dry them and cut into small pieces.
- Boil the beet sprouts in salted water and after around 10 to 15 minutes add the orecchiette to the same pan. Continue boiling.
- In the meantime heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the sliced garlic and the chilli pepper.
- As soon as the garlic has obtained a golden colour (do not burn it), remove the pan from the heat and add the anchovies.
- Press them down with a fork. Drain the pasta and the beet sprouts when cooked ad add to the frying pan.
- Mix around for one minute. Serve hot.