Orange zest and almonds are the most important ingredients for these aromatic biscuits that seem so right after Christmas!
|For the dough:|
|200 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|100 g||margarine at room temperature|
|100 g||almonds, chopped|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|3-4 tbsp||orange juice|
|For the glaze / icing:|
|100 g||icing sugar|
|2 tbsp||orange juice|
- Mix the sieved flour with the baking powder, sugar and almonds.
- Zest the oranges and add this to the mixture.
- Add small pieces of soft margarine and start kneading. Gradually add 3-4 tbsp milk and 3-4 tbsp orange juice and continuing kneading until you have a soft dough.
- Divide the dough in two and form each into the shape of a sausage.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut into slices about 3-4 mm thick. Tweak the shapes with your fingers.
- Distribute over the lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at 170°C for approx. 14-16 minutes, until the surface is lightly golden.
- Mix the icing sugar and orange juice to make a glaze and brush this over the still warm biscuit slices.
- Place on a rack to cool.