It tastes great! A hearty, spicy mushroom pastry with cheese and fresh herbs.
|8 slices||Classico del Mastro Panettiere / Classic / Maestro Classic|
|8 slices||Fontina cheese|
|a little bit of||salt and pepper|
|½ tbsp||parsley, chopped|
- Mix the juice of the lemon with water, slice the mushrooms and soak in the lemon water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms and place in a frying pan with the butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and fry until they are golden yellow. Finally add the parsley.
- Remove the crust from the bread, set aside three tablespoons of the milk, and lay the crust-less part of the bread in the remaining milk.
- The bread should soak up the milk but should not break apart.
- Grease a baking tray with some butter and lay the slices of bread on it next to each other. Cover with a layer of cheese and mushrooms.
- Beat the eggs with salt, pepper, and 2-3 tablespoons milk and pour over the bread.
- Bake at 180° C. (350° F. / Gas Mark 4) for about 30 minutes and serve hot.