Great for parties or a fun lunch at home, these Gluten Free Mozzarella Sticks have the perfect, cheesy crunch.
|340 g||mozzarella string cheese|
|6 slices||Classico del Mastro Panettiere / Classic / Maestro Classic|
|3 tsp||italian spices|
|3/4 tsp||black pepper|
|1/2 cup||rice flour|
- Cut the mozzarella sticks in half.
- Put the bread in a food processor or blender and pulse until it’s a fine crumb, around 20 seconds.
- Place crumbs on a shallow dish and mix in the Italian spices, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs briefly and pour onto a separate shallow dish.
- Put the rice flour on a third shallow dish.
- Roll a mozzarella stick in the rice flour to coat, then roll in egg, letting excess drip off.
- Finally, liberally dredge in breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere. Set aside and repeat with remaining sticks.
- Freeze breaded sticks on a plate for 2 hours, or up to 2 days in a sealed plastic container.
- This prevents the cheese from melting when fried.
- Pour oil in a frying pan until one inch deep. Put on medium-high heat until it reaches 175°C.
- Carefully drop the sticks, four at a time, into the oil, and fry for one and a half minutes.
- Remove finished sticks from pan and place on paper towels to drain off excess oil.
- Repeat frying with remaining sticks.
- Serve with heated marinara!