Mini Summer Puddings
You don’t need to be a culinary whizz to whip up something impressive! This British classic is packed with delicious summer berries.
|7-8 slices||Classico del Mastro Panettiere / Classic / Maestro Classic|
|200 g||forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)|
|20 g||dried cranberries|
|30 g||caster sugar|
|75 ml||cranberry juice|
|For the decoration:|
|forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)|
- Line 4 mini pudding basins with cling film and allow it to overflow the edges.
- In a medium saucepan heat the fruit, cranberries, sugar and cranberry juice and gently simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Prepare the bread casing – Cut a base and top circle from 1 slice of the bread, one smaller one for the top and larger for the base, remembering it will sit just on top of the filling, repeat 3 more times.
- Remove crusts from the other slices, cut each slice in half horizontally and then each half into 4 fingers.
- Place the small disc in the base of the basin and line around the fingers of bread, cut fingers to fit if necessary.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of juice from the cooked fruit, divide the cooked fruit between the bread lined basins, place the final large disc of bread on the top and gently press down. Lap over the cling that draped the basin sides.
- Refrigerate overnight if possible. 6. Turn little pudding out onto a plate, drizzle with the reserved juice in patches that may not have turned from the juice.
- Decorate with extra fruit if desired.