Mini Sorrisi Chocolate Brownies
Super squidgy and oh so delicious, these tasty brownies are made using our tasty biscuits.
|1 package||Mini Sorrisi|
|150 g||dark chocolate|
|150 g||light brown sugar|
|15 g||cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|150 g||ground almonds|
|50 g||forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)|
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease the cake tin.
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Add the butter to the chocolate and stand the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Once melted, remove the bowl from the pan and stir in the sugar.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs to make a thick and glossy mixture.
- Sift 15g of cocoa and the baking powder on top and add the ground almonds, berries and cherries.
- Break 6 of the biscuits into small pieces and carefully mix together with a metal spoon.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin (a deep 20cm square cake tin) and smooth over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, break in half the remaining 3 biscuits and add to the top.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes until risen and slightly crusty on top – the mixture should be slightly soft underneath.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin and then remove.
- The brownies can be eaten straight away but hold better when stored overnight in an airtight container, make sure to wrap in greaseproof paper and then in foil.
- To serve cut into squares.