You see them on almost every restaurant table in Italy – try this simple recipe for yourself and enjoy these tasty crunchy snacks at home.
|250 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|1/2 tsp||psyllium seeds|
|1/2 package||dry yeast|
|11 g||fresh yeast|
|200 ml||lukewarm water|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 handful||sesame seeds|
|1 handful||italian herb mix|
- Mix the flour, fibre husk and salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle and sprinkle in the yeast and sugar.
- Pour in a third of the lukewarm water. Once the yeast forms bubbles, add the olive oil and the rest of the water and knead to form a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough into a 20 x 30 cm rectangle on a floured silicon surface and cover for 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 1-cm wide strips with a knife, dipping the knife repeatedly in water. Sprinkle sesame seeds over a baking tray.
- Roll half the strips into grissini and place them in the sesame seeds. Spray a little water over them with a spray bottle and then sprinkle sesame seeds over the surface again.
- Repeat the same process with the Italian herbs. Twist the strips into spirals in this second process.
- Heat the oven to 250°. Bake the grissini for approx. 12–15 minutes until golden-brown.