Bring a Finnish Easter tradition to the table with this classic recipe… now gluten free!
|250 g||dried plums|
|350 g||buckwheat flour|
|300 ml||dark syrup|
|1 1/2 tsp||salt|
|1 1/2 cup||powdered pomerance peel|
- Put the plums in a pot and add enough water to cover them completely.
- Bring to a boil and cook until softened.
- Set the cooking water aside and blend the plums.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces. Cook and puree them.
- Combine the plums and the pureed potatoes and mix well.
- Take the cooking water from the plums and add more water to until you have 1.5 liters of liquid.
- Combine the water and all the other ingredients with the plum and potato mixture, then mix well until smooth.
- Put the lid on and let the mixture rest at room temperature until the next day. Pour the mixture into aluminum moulds and bake in the oven at 175° C for an hour and a half.
- Turn off the oven, cover the moulds with aluminum foil or baking paper, then continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the Mämmi from thae oven, cover them and let them rest for one day at room temperature.
- Store them in a cool place.
- Serve with milk or custard.