Light almond and cherry cake
An amazingly light cake. As light as a cloud. Delicious served with nuts and other fruit.
|For the dough:|
|125 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|200 g||butter at room temperature|
|1 tsp||gingerbread spice mix|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|150 g||ground almonds|
|3 tbsp||cherry juice|
|100 g||dark chocolate|
|1 glass||pitted cherries|
|1 handful||chopped and caramelized nuts|
|1 handful||flaked almonds|
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Grease a round cake tin (Ø 26 cm) and dust with flour.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the eggs to stiff peaks.
- Mix the egg yolks along with the other ingredients (except the cherries) to make a batter.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites.
- Pour half the batter into the cake tin. Spread the drained cherries over the top and then pour over the remaining cake batter.
- Distribute the crackle and almond slivers over the top and bake in the oven for approx. 50-55 minutes.
- You may need to cover the cake with aluminium foil towards the end of the baking time to prevent it from colouring too much.
- Decorate the finished cake with icing sugar or with a glaze.