Key Lime Pie
A classic dessert which brings together a creamy, citrusy filling and a crunchy crust.
|165 g||Petit – Biscotto classico|
|400 g||condensed milk, sweetened|
|120 ml||lime juice|
|zest of one lime|
|150 ml||whipping cream|
- Crush the biscuits.
- Melt the butter and combine it with sugar and biscuit crumbs.
- Put the mixture into a pie dish (about 22 cm) and pat it down with your fingers in order to make the crust. Bring the crust up the edges too.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Mix the condensed milk, lime juice, zest and egg yolks until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Serve with some whipped cream if desired. The cream can be sweetened with a hint of sugar.