Il babà di Ubaldo (Savarin)
Interested in oven-warm savarins with hot lemon-rum sugar syrup? Just try it!
|For the dough:|
|300 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|1 cup||lukewarm milk|
|10 g||dried yeast|
|grated zest of an unwaxed lemon|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
- Cut the margarine into cubes and allow it to soften. Then stir it in a bowl with the eggs and sugar.
- Mix the flour with a pinch of salt and add it little by little to the bowl with the margarine-egg mixture.
- Then dissolve the dried yeast in the lukewarm milk, add it and the lemon zest to the other ingredients.
- Work everything into a smooth mixture until the batter no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for about one hour.
- Then knead the dough once again for a few minutes and pour it into the various savarin forms that have been greased and coated with flour.
- Cover with a cloth and allow to rise until they have doubled in volume. Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce in which the savarins will be soaked. Heat the sugar, water, and lemon zest until a syrup is formed.
- Remove from the heat and add the rum. Soak the savarins in the sauce while they are still warm.