Halloween Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin season is in full swing and it would be a shambles if we didn’t include some pumpkin goodness in our Halloween bakes. This delicious cheesecake has subtle spice and is guaranteed to impress.
|For the base / bottom:|
|For the filling:|
|560 g||double cream cheese|
|1 tbsp||vanilla extract|
|495 g||pumpkin puree|
|250 g||icing sugar|
|200 ml||double cream|
|For the topping:|
|100 g||dark chocolate|
|1 tbsp||vegetable oil|
- For the base, melt the butter and spices together before stirring in the crushed biscuits
- Press into a loose bottom 10-inch tin and set aside
- Meanwhile whip the cream cheese, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree together.
- Gently and gradually mix in the icing sugar.
- Once combined, whip in the double cream until the mixture becomes stiff. Be careful not to overbeat as this will curdle.
- Place the cream filling on top of the biscuit base before placing in the fridge overnight.
- When you come to decorate, melt 100g of dark chocolate and stir in 1 tbsp vegetable oil (this will stop it setting as quick whilst you work with it).
- Place chocolate into a piping bag with thin circular nozzle
- Draw a large circle following the edge of the cheesecake.
- Repeat this on the inside of your line until you have a small dot of chocolate in the centre of the cheesecake.
- With a toothpick like item, starting from the middle of the cheesecake, drag it outwards to create a spiders web.