When the entire home smells of cinnamon and gingerbread, you know Santa Claus isn’t far away! This easy to follow recipe for a gluten free gingerbread cake is perfect as a festive treat, and you can decorate it however you like!
|For the dough:|
|500 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|1/2 package||baking powder|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|3 tsp||gingerbread spice mix|
|1||grated lemon peel|
|125 g||ground almonds|
|125 g||ground nuts|
|75 g||candied orange peel|
|50 g||candied citron peel|
- Stir the marzipan smoothly with 1 egg, then beat with the remaining eggs and sugar until the mixture is frothy.
- Next work in the nuts, almonds, baking powder and the sieved flour.
- Using two tablespoons or an ice cream scoop, place portions of dough onto the baking tray.
- Be sure to keep plenty of space between the dough portions, as they will spread in the oven.
- Bake on the middle shelf in the oven for approx. 25 -30 minutes.
- Once cooled, the gingerbread cakes can be iced with chocolate or a sugar glaze.
- Tip! Try chopping the candied orange and lemon peel finely or grinding them in a mixer before adding them to the dough.