A must-have pastry for the festive season, this cake is a soft pastry with sugared walnuts, peach jam and a shiny chocolate icing.
|4 g||dried yeast|
|60 g||icing sugar|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|110 ml||lukewarm milk|
|150 g||walnuts, chopped|
|100 g||icing sugar|
|250 g||peach jam|
|100 g||dark chocolate|
- Mix flour with baking powder, sugar, salt and crumbled margarine.
- Add the egg and warm milk, blend the mixture and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Work the dough on a floured surface, then divide it into three parts. Roll these out into three thin sheets (each about 20x25 cm).
- Put the first sheet of pastry on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, spread it with half of the peach jam and sprinkle on half of the mixture of chopped nuts and sugar.
- Cover with the second sheet, then sprinkle this sheet with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover with the last sheet of pastry and leave to rise for 50 minutes.
- Pierce the top of the cake with a fork and bake for about 40 minutes at 175°C. When the cake is lukewarm, turn it upside down on a tray.
- Allow the cake to cool; dissolve the chocolate with a little butter, then spread it on the cake.
- Put the cake in the fridge for one night and serve it the next day.