Fusilli with meat sauce
A strong-flavoured meat sauce with ground beef, tomatoes and herbs.
|250 g||tinned tomatoes|
|100 g||fillet of beef|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|½ tsp||meat extract|
|½||clove of garlic|
|25 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|1 pinch/es of||pepper|
- Cut the meat into tiny cubes. Crush the clove of garlic and fry in a saucepan with the olive oil. Remove when golden and add the pieces of meat.
- Brown well on all sides and add the tomatoes, after peeling and squeezing gently by hand to remove the excess water and seeds.
- Boil for a short time, then add half a cupful of hot water in which the meat extract has been dissolved.
- Add the basil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and continue cooking for about half an hour over a moderate flame with the lid on.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water, drain whilst still ´al dente´, place in a bowl and add the ragout. Serve with parmesan cheese.