French onion soup
This traditional French recipe is perfect for cold winter days.
|400 g||chopped onion|
|1 l||vegetable broth|
|80 g||Emmental cheese|
|1/2 tbsp||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
- Melt the butter and add the onions.
- Cover and cook over low heat for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add approximately 100 ml water.
- When the onions begin to take on a golden tone, add the flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the vegetable broth and simmer for twenty minutes more.
- In the meantime, bake and slice the French bread.
- In the original French recipe, the soup is served in a dish with a piece of French bread au gratin.
- However, if you prefer, you can serve bread and cheese separately on the side.