Fish and chips
A traditional British favourite, slash the fat using this homemade recipe rather than visiting the local Chippy!
|75 g||Cereale del Mastro Panettiere / Flerkorn / Maestro Cereale|
|4 x 150 g||cod fillet|
|juice of one lemon|
|4 tbsp||parsley, chopped|
|to taste||ground pepper|
- Prepare dried breadcrumbs from the bread slices.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C,
- Place the cod fillets in a bowl, sprinkle over the lemon juice and season well.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for an hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the peeled potatoes into thick chips.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the chips for 5 minutes.
- Drain and dry on kitchen paper.
- Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet, spray with low calorie cooking spray and season well.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning to taste.
- Lightly beat the egg and place in a bowl.
- Dip each cod fillet into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs mixture to coat evenly.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with low calorie cooking spray.
- Place the chips in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Add the fish and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and fresh parsley sprig.