Puff Pastry Tartlets filled with “Surimi” and “Gulas”
For a special lunch or occasion, or simply when you want a tasty snack: who can resist some puff pastry tartlets? Try this simple recipe and use your imagination to add the filling of your choice. We chose a filling of “Surimi” and “Gulas”.
|For the dough:|
|150 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|100 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|200 g||unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|90 ml||cold water|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|For the surimi and prawns filling:|
|For the garlic gulas with paprika:|
|1 package||gulas al ajillo|
|a little bit of||oil|
|a little bit of||allspice|
- To prepare the dough, mix all the ingredients in a food processor, starting with the two types of sieved flour.
- Add the butter, cold water and salt.
- With the mixer and bread hook, knead the dough until it becomes elastic.
- Form a ball. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and roll out the dough between two sheets of baking parchment and form a rectangle. Repeatedly fold and roll the dough over itself three times.
- Roll the dough out again forming a rectangle and repeat two more times.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it cool in the fridge for another thirty minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and repeat the same technique, rolling out the dough, folding it three times and then rolling it out again.
- Repeat this method two more times. At this point your puff pastry will be ready.
- To prepare the vol-au-vents, dust the work surface with flour and roll out the puff pastry.
- Use two different sizes of pastry rings, one larger than the other.
- Make the bases of the vol-au-vents using the larger pastry cutter.
- Cut three circles with the larger pastry cutter and then cut an inner circle in each of them with the smaller pastry cutter so as to obtain three rings.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with flour.
- To shape the vol-au-vents, brush the bases and both sides of the rings with beaten egg. Repeat until you have eight to ten vol-au-vents.
- Bake them for 15 minutes until golden brown. Take the vol-au-vents out of the oven and let them cool on a rack.
- To prepare the "Surimi" and prawn filling, chop up the "Surimi" sticks and shallot and mix them with the mayonnaise.
- Fill the vol-au-vents and decorate with the prawns.
- To prepare the "Gulas al ajillo" and paprika filling, sauté the garlic cloves in a pan with oil and add the gulas.
- Fill the vol-au-vents and sprinkle with sweet or spicy paprika