Filled ladyfinger roll
Quick to make: a light, airy temptation for coffee hour.
|For the sponge cake:|
|150 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|1 package||baking powder|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|200 g||apricot jam|
|200 g||favourite filling|
|a little bit of||icing sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the egg white along with half of the sugar until it forms stiff peaks.
- Mix the egg yolks with the remaining sugar and salt, to a thick and creamy/foamy mixture.
- Add the sieved flour, baking powder and the egg whites to the creamy egg yolk mixture.
- Carefully combine all the ingredients with a whisk - until just combined.
- Distribute the mixture evenly on a baking tray and bake for approx. 15 minutes.
- Place the baked biscuit base on a teatowel scattered with sugar and carefully pull away the baking paper.
- Immediately spread the jam or cream over the base and roll up into a sausage shape. Then sieve icing powder over to decorate.