Fennel Seed Bread
A quick and easy recipe for a tasty bread flavoured with fennel seeds. Simple enough to bake fresh every day!
|500 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|10 g||brewers' yeast|
|10 g||fennel seeds|
|10 ml||cold pressed olive oil|
|a little bit of||oil for the work surface|
For a single 1 kg long loaf:
- Place the flour in the food mixer, with the crumbled yeast and 340g of the 380ml of total water, after having warmed it to at 28°- 30°C.
- Turn on the food mixer and using the dough hook attachment, knead for 3-4 minutes. Then add the sugar, oil, the remaining 40ml of water, fennel seeds and only at this point, the salt.
- When the dough is formed, transfer it to a lightly oiled work surface and gently shape into a loaf, trying not to press the dough too hard.
- Sprinkle with a little flour and score the surface diagonally. Place the dough in a shallow baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and leave it to rise for 6 hours, in the oven turned off with the light on.
- Bake in a static oven preheated to 200°C for 50 minutes. Enjoy with lashings of butter.