Dutch almond moppen biscuits
These scrumptious biscuits with almonds or walnuts are not only popular in Holland…
|For the dough:|
|250 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|75 g||butter at room temperature|
|1 tbsp||vanilla sugar|
|1 knife tip||ground cloves|
|50 g||ground almonds|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|For the decoration:|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter with sugar and vanilla sugar until creamy.
- Add an egg and an egg yolk and continue stirring until a pale, creamy consistency forms.
- Mix the spices, sieved flour, baking powder and almonds, then add this to the egg mixture and combine.
- With lightly floured hands, shape the dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Place an almond on the top of each ball. Bakin the oven for 15 – 18 mins, until the biscuits have coloured slightly.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- The biscuits can be stored in a metal tin for 2 – 3 weeks.